Veneered steel window sill Standard, Winchester
Veneered steel windows are products of the highest quality designed for installation with PVC, wood and aluminium windows. Modern technology combines excellent toughness and extreme product durability to achieve a great visual effect.
Veneered steel windows are products of the highest quality designed for installation with PVC, wood and aluminium windows. Modern technology combines excellent toughness, extreme product durability to achieve a great visual effect. The window sill has a protected zinc layer that protects it against corrosion. It is also veneered with PVC film of exceptional parameters that protects it against UV, damp, temperature variations and dirt. The window sill is extremely easy to clean and very easy to install. Available in golden oak and walnut. Window sill caps (available in our shop) must be purchased separately.
FEATURES OF VENEERED STEEL WINDOW SILLS
- intended for installation with PVC, wood and aluminium windows
- steel sheets protected with zinc coating and powder coating against corrosion
- veneered with PVC film that is resistant to weather conditions
- thickness: 0.90 mm
- the highest grade hot-dip galvanized sheet steel
- end-caps to the window sill must be purchased separately - available in the tab 'Accessories'
ADVANTAGES OF VENEERED STEEL WINDOW SILLS
- damp, stain and temperature resistance
- easy installation
- easy to clean with widely available mild household cleaners
- shipping cost provided in the bookmark ‘delivery’ applies to window sills with the maximum length of 1,7m and weight up to 30 kg. In case of longer sills or larger weight the delivery cost will be calculated individually
- price refers to the smallest available width (depth) of the window sill.
INSTALLATION OF STEEL WINDOW SILLS
The installation method and location of a window sill can lead to fungus or mould formation as well as so-called 'thermal bridges' (local reduction of thermal insulating power). So, certain principles need to be observed during sill installation.
The sill should protrude approximately 30–40 mm from the wall. It should be attached to the so called 'T-moulding', which is permanently screwed to the lower part of the window frame. Using the T-moulding, it is possible to correctly seal the window reveals.
If the window sill is installed with a PVC or aluminium window, the window sill flange should be placed under the window reveal T-moulding.
When installing a wooden window, check if the sash frame member (stile/rail) features a factory-made notch used to mount the window sill. If there is no such notch, a 'wall chase' should be made.
Steel sills exhibit low linear expansion and therefore window sills up to 6 running metres can be installed without using an 'expansion joint' ( the space between two adjacent surfaces that allows for their independent static work and deformation).
Window sills are installed with PVC double-sided caps. At the front of a building the caps have a closed slot that is used to drain water outside in order to avoid wall cracking.
Polyurethane glues are used during window sill installation.
Remove the protective film immediately after the installation.
All necessary accessories required for proper installation of window sills (including double-sided caps) can be found in our shop under 'Accessories'.
CROSS SECTION OF A VENEERED STEEL WINDOW SILL
|Length||up to 600 cm|
|Material||Steel galvanized, powder coated and laminated|
|Type||External window sill|
|Width - range||10-40 cm|
|Dedicated sill connector||Yes, extra charge|
|End caps||Yes, extra charge|
|Mounting foam||Yes, extra charge|
|Warranty time||12 months|
- Product is available
- Dispatch from: 22.65 GBP
- Realization 2 - 8 working days