PVC chamber Softline window sill, Marble
The PVC chamber window sill is designed for installation with virtually all type of window (PVC, wood, aluminium). The hardness and durability of the material ensures unmatched quality. It is coated with heavy-duty, UV resistant foil and does not change colour or shape over time.
The PVC chamber window sill is designed for installation with virtually all type of window (PVC, wood, aluminium). The hardness and durability of the material ensures unmatched quality. It is coated with heavy-duty, UV resistant foil and does not change colour or shape over time. The window sill core is made of high impact polyvinyl chloride (PVC), laminated with PVC veneers and CPL laminates of the highest quality. The chamber cross-section offers additional stiffening and increased durability. Chamber window sills are available in a wide variety of designs and colours. Versatility and unrivalled durability are the advantages of the product.
FEATURES OF PVC CHAMBER WINDOW SILLS
- intended for installation with PVC, wood and aluminium windows
- wide range of colours enables the right selection for any interior
- end caps for window sills should be purchased separately - Double-sided caps for PVC chamber Softline internal window sills
- made of hard polyvinyl chloride, the same material that is used e.g. for window and door production
- coated with weatherproof foil with improved scratch resistance
- there is a possibility to order window sills cut to depth (at additional payment) - in that case please add a note of the window sills depth in the "Order remarks"
ADVANTAGES OF PVC CHAMBER WINDOW SILLS
- high mechanical strength
- resistance to chemical agents
- easy installation
- light and UV resistance
- excellent thermal insulating power
- damp and temperature resistance
- shipping cost provided in the bookmark ‘delivery’ applies to window sills with the maximum length of 1,7m and weight up to 30 kg. In case of longer sills or larger weight the delivery cost will be calculated individually
- price refers to the smallest available width (depth) of the window sill
INSTALLATION MANUAL FOR PVC CHAMBER WINDOW SILL
Before starting to install the window sill make sure that it has reached the ambient temperature in the room where it is to be installed. The window sill cannot be mounted too low relative to the radiator. The optimal distance between window sill and radiator is 15 cm. With convection radiators the window sill can protrude only 2–3 cm from the wall so as not to cover the radiator's openings.
The installation location of the window sill is particularly vulnerable to heat losses. As a result of the immediate vicinity of the radiator and an ill-insulated gap under the window, a 'thermal bridge' effect (local reduction of thermal insulating power) between the internal and external window sill may occur. To prevent this, insert the window sill to a depth of no more than 1–1.5 cm, and fill the remaining part of the gap with low thermal conductivity or heat-insulating material. Ready-to-use strips of foamed polyethylene or other heat-insulating material of proper thickness and width are best suited for this task.
Use silicone caulk or quick-setting polyurethane installation glues during installation.
If a window sill protrudes more than one-third of its width from the wall, it is necessary to use additional brackets (metal or wooden brackets mounted with screws or bolts). In order to ensure optimum sill stability install brackets every 50 cm, with at least two brackets per window sill.
Due to the physical properties of PVC chamber window sills a so-called 'expansion joint' (the space between two adjacent surfaces that allows for their independent static work and deformation) should be left between the wall and the sill edge. This should be 0.5 cm per 1 running metre of window sill. A 1% fall in the direction of the room should be preserved during installation.
All necessary accessories required for proper installation of window sills (glues, brackets) can be found in our shop under 'Accessories'.
CROSS SECTION OF PVC CHAMBER SOFTLINE WINDOW SILL
Window sills are cut to any size with +/- 5 mm tolerance.
|Type||Internal window sill|
|Width - range||15-50 cm|
|End caps||Yes, extra charge|
|Mounting foam||Yes, extra charge|
|Warranty time||1 year|
- Product is available
- Dispatch from: 22.65 GBP
- Realization 2 - 8 working days